Some years spent on Web Development, worked for hours n hours, written thousands of lines of code, learnt a lot, enjoyed too much.
I learnt new things always, things what I learnt as –
- Live your dream, work what you like.
- Always try to improve. Learning is a lifelong process.
- Nothing is easy.
- Project management is not a easy job.
- Be a team player first.
- Error is belongs to humans. This is human’s default property.
- I understood that Research and Development both are different things.
- Tell truth, be brave. Only technical people understand how tough it is to fullfill the business need.
- Respect your competitors and peers and colleagues. As you bow as you reap.
- 3 things Ethics, honest and reliable with your team. Its tough but this is better way to keep yourself safe.
- Note down every thing, what you did. where you spent your time everything in bad time you will need all these things.
- Past achievement has no guarantee of future achievement, give your 100% every time.
- Luck and lady Luck are important not everything done by handwork.
- Project Plan. Project Plan. Project Plan. NO substitute for Accute Project Plan.
- Get Help/support from all/team/colleague/peer/manager, no matter how intelligent you are you need help from someone, sometime.
- Dont trust/belive on star performer. Everyone in team has to perform.
- Work for root cause of the issue not for effects.
- Not necessary A fundu technical person is a good manager and visa-versa. Let him think technically and give other option to other person.
- Estimate with your buffer. No matter how intelligent we are, errors and problems always occur.
3 things Time (Speed), Money (Cost), Quality. Any 2 things can be achievable simultaneously. Have to suffer with one thing.
I just love these 3 links and try to follow these rules. Any way this will be helpfull to you too.
Happy Project Management.