Note : Its not written by me. I just got it from my old archives. Liked to share the same.
- Always take time for yourself, at least 30 minutes per day.
- Be aware of your own stress meter, know when to step back and cool down.
- Concentrate on controlling your own situation, without controlling everybody else.
- Daily exercise will burn off the stress chemicals.
- Eat lots of fresh fruit, veggies, bread and water, give your body the best for it to perform at its best.
- Forgive others, don’t hold grudges and be tolerant not everyone is as capable as you.
- Gain perspective on things, how important is the issue.
- Hugs, kisses and laughter. Have fun and don’t be afraid to share your feelings with others.
- Identify stressors and plan to deal with them better next time.
- Judge your own performance realistically, don’t set goals out of your own reach.
- Keep a positive attitude, your outlook will influence outcomes and the way others treat you.
- Limit alcohol, drugs and other stimulants. They affect your perception and behaviour.
- Manage money well, seek advice and save at least 10 per cent of what you earn.
- No is a word you need to learn to use without feeling guilty.
- Outdoor activities by yourself or with friends and family can be a great way to relax.
- Play your favourite music rather than watching television.
- Quit smoking. It is stressing your body daily, not to mention killing you too.
- Relationships. Nurture and enjoy them, learn to listen more and talk less.
- Sleep well. With a firm mattress and a supportive pillow, don’t overheat yourself and allow plenty of ventilation.
- Treat yourself once a week with a massage, dinner out, the movies. Moderation is the key.
- Understand things from person’s point of view.
- Verify information before exploding, from the source.
- Worry less. It really does not get things completed better or quicker.
- Xpress. Make a regular retreat to your favourite space, make holidays part of your yearly plan and budget.
- Yearly goal setting. Plan what you want to achieve based on your priorities in your career, relationships, etc.
- Zest for life. Each day is a gift, smile and be thankful that you are a part of the bigger picture.
Happy Stress Free Life.