The common process flow for LAMP Stack projects and there server maintenance.
- * Get the best deal from hosting company.
- * Get the root access and direct unique ID by which you can directly talk to them for any query and emergency.
- * Do some hardware configuration check such as –
- # CPU Check, Memory Check, Disk Space, Memory Status, Swap Space
- * Do some software configuration check such as –
- # LAMP Stack configuration, need to install via source or via standard packages.
- * Security checks. Server need to be optimized with security checks.
- # Configure Software Firewall.
- # Changing in default SSH port
- # Disable direct root login
- # Change root password strong
- # Create user group and give access to only developers and maintainers.
- # White-list only port 80 and 443.
- # Authenticate mailing ports.
- # Enable SFTP for file uploads for developers.
- # Disable SVN Access.
- * Do server monitoring.
- # Enable and watch server logs.
- # Enable and watch error logs.
- # Enable and watch slow query logs.
- # Install Awstats for monitoring server logs.
- # Install and configure Nagios as alert mechanism.
- # Watch and maintain server space, memory utilization, HTTP Service, CPU Load, SSH Service.
- * Later work on server optimization.
- * Optimize PHP and MySQL configuration based on need and requirement.
This list can have more option. If you find new things, give me comments.