I usually use twitter and facebook from web only. Today i thought to use some client. I found TweetDeck. I thought it must be awesome. So I installed it.
Its very easy to install on Ubuntu 10.4 thanks to TweekDeck and Ubuntu Team.
TweetDeck – http://www.tweetdeck.com/desktop/
It goes like this
- Download Adobe AIR from http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air_linux.html
- Get the .deb file from above page.
- Use dpkg -i .deb file and this will automatically install Adobe AIR in your computer.
ganu@ganu:~$ sudo dpkg -i /tmp/adobeair.deb Selecting previously deselected package adobeair. (Reading database ... 219838 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking adobeair (from /tmp/adobeair.deb) ... Setting up adobeair (188.8.131.5270) ...
- Download TweetDeck AIR from from there website or from direct link at http://www.tweetdeck.com/beta/TweetDeck_0_35.1.air
- You can also directly download the latest air file from TweetDeck website page. It will download the latest version.
- Run the air file, double click it and follow the instructions.
- Yea its done.
Attached are some photos.
Happy Social Networking. 😛