Huff!! After so many days / months we planned for the new trip. Wow!! that is goa.
GOA have lots and lods of things to do
* Not sure for veg food , but you will get good and best kind of non-veg food there. ( I am veg but I was unable to find some good testy veg food., but my friends enjoyed a lot. )
* For the out-side india guys, its very cheap for them. ITs very cheap for UK and USA guys.
* Beaches, ufff!! go the rest and forget all the things and enjoy, around some 80-120 km stretch of beach line.
* If you like to visit some good tramples and Cathedrals then goa is again good place to visit.
* What about discos and pubs don’t forget to go. ( we went in off-season so it was tough to find good discs. )
* Get bikes , car , cycle on rent and enjoy as the way you like.
* First time in india you will get bike taxi , so you what you need more tell the “pilot” – the bike driver that where you want to go.🙂
* lods and lods more….
From bangalore to goa we have 2 indian rail timings —
1. 7309 YPR VASCO EXP – only on tuesday and sunday.
leaves yashwantpur at 1515 IST and reach vasco at 0600 IST
2. 7311 MAS VASCO EXP – only on firday.
leaves yashwantpur at 2115 IST and reach vasco at 1245 IST
From goa to bangalore – indian rail timeings.
1. 7310 YPR BIWEEKLY EXP – on monday and saturday
leaves vasco at 2045 IST and reach yashwantpur at next day 1100 IST.
2. 7312 VSG CHENNAI EXP – only on thrusday
leaves vasco at 1430 IST and reach yashwantpur at morning 0500 IST.
Konkani is the most widely spoken language in Goa but one can survive with English and Hindi too.
We were missing with one more license out of 5 guys. So we thought to visit goa by local transport bus.
That was also quite fun to visit goa by local transport when everyone is visiting on bikes.
We visited to anjuna beach, vagator beach, calangute beach, aguda fort and chapora fort.
And we have done a lot bathing and good food and yes fenny. !🙂
Our first try to Anjna beach – Anjuna beach having more restaurants and bars. This place is famous for non-indian guys. A this is also famous for peace kind of guys. And again this is famous place for chilam, pipes. So many time this place was blocked by govt. Not so good beach for visit, it contain rocks too in the water but you can have fun.🙂
If you going to Anjuna beach and you must attend Anjuna Flea market always on Wednesdays from morning to evening. You can test your Bargaining skills.
Thats it , this is much for Anjuna.🙂
Our Next target was “Calangute”.
Calangute is known as “Gods famous beach” 13kms from Panjim and 8kms from Mapusa.
We have planned to stay here and since this was the off-season we got the place to stay there.
In the morning season the Calangute Beach is very heavy and the water is so tight here. We thought to take bath early morning but by looking the mood of water we changed our plan.
Some more photos from Calangute Beach
Next target was – “Fort Aguda” (meaning ‘water’ in Portuguese). This fort is like local harbour for goan fishing people. At the down part of fort is now central jail for goa.
Aguada Fort was built in 1962 this palce to preserve the old Goa from Dutch and Maratha raiders and this is built on Mandovi River.
Our next target was “Chapora Fort” and “Vagator Beach”. “Chapora Fort” was built by the Adil Shah of Bijapur on Chapora River. It was also known as “Shahpur” and is now mostly ruined. It has a commanding view of the Vagator beach.
In “Vagator Beach” you will get black lava rocks – full black, good coconut trees, and awesome nature way.
Vagator and Chapora are really awesome place , one who love the peace and view should go there.
Vindaloo and Xacuti (pronounced Cha’cuti) are originally Goan dishes sorry we were not able to eat that. But that will be in TO-DO list for next time.
Anoter places ( targets ) also we covered as “Dona Paula”.
In the summary it was awesome visit to goa. “GoGoa”.
So GoGoa is done in the travel list.
Must go places at GOA.
* Calangute Beach
* Baga Beach
* Chapora Fort
* Anjuna Beach
* Palolem Beach
* Miramar Beach
* Vagator Beach
* Dona Paula
* Candolim and Sinquerim Beach
* Colva and Benaulim Beach